Arroz Caldo is a very popular comfort food in the Philippines and everyone's favorite! This Filipino rice porridge is a great representation of Philippine history as this dish is a combination of Spanish (the Spaniards gave it the name arroz caldo which literally means "hot rice") and Chinese (its origin, congee) influences. It is made with chicken and rice and seasoned with garlic, onion, ginger, and fish sauce and topped with crunchy toasted garlic bits, scallions and boiled egg.
This course includes:
* Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) with Toppings
* Lumpiang Togue at Hipon (Vegetable and Shrimp Spring Rolls)
* Tokwa't Baboy (Fried Tofu, Chilis & Pork with Dipping Sauce)
* Chili Cheese Sticks with Ground Pork (Dynamite)
* Cheesy Maja Blanca Dessert (Coconut Milk Pudding with Sweet Corn and Cheese)
* Pipino "Cucumber" Salad
* Buko "Coconut" Juice and Salabat (Fresh Ginger Tea with Honey)
* Kitchen Materials (no need to bring anything)
My name is Claire and I live here in Japan for 10 years already. I'm originally from Manila. My initial passion and love for refined Western and Japanese cuisine has been my guiding light in my kitchen education and explorations. Even though I come from an exotic Asian country whose cuisine and food culture is blurred and unknown to many, undeniably there are a lot of good and delicious food as well. With this as background, I hope to share my creative kitchen fusion food ideas that are my own healthy interpretation of many popular dishes for those who would like to explore new tastes. Being a foodie myself, I know when to get a little bit wildly creative and experimental while coming up of new ideas and recipes at the same time. I assure that you will enjoy my classes that is meant to share the good things about a wide variety of food cultures that everybody will surely enjoy!